Pages

Thursday, 23 February 2017

BOY WHO DIED FROM DOG BITE WAKES UP AT FUNERAL


A young child who was thought to have died of the wounds he sustained from dog bites has woken up as the family took his body to be buried.

Kumar Marewad, 17, left
family, friends and locals in complete shock with his sudden revival.

The boy had come down with a high fever after the dog bite and his condition deteriorated after being brought to hospital in the Dharwad area of India.


Doctors had told relatives to expect the worst, as an infection had spread throughout his body.

After hours on a life support machine, Kumar’s family decided to take him home for his final moments, the Times of India reports.

The family said Kumar eventually stopped moving or breathing for some time and they presumed he was dead.

They had asked villagers to prepare for his funeral and had carried Kumar two kilometres when he suddenly opened his eyes, started breathing and moved his hands and legs.

The teenager was rushed to hospital where he remains on a ventilator.

Dr. Mahesh Neelakhantannavar said: “We suspect he suffers from meningoencephalitis, an infection caused due to dog bite.”

Kumar’s parents expressed relief at his apparent recovery and told how he had given up school to support his family.

Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment